Friday, August 24, 2012

Chicken ala Vodka Pasta

Today is a lazy day. Mitch has the day off. When I asked him he what he wanted to do, he said hang around the house, be lazy, and just chill. Done, done, and done!

Lunch was part lazy, not wanting to make a huge mess in the kitchen, and part wanting to clean out the fridge, I decided to pull out some "left overs" and get creative. Hmmm... rotisserie chicken, grape tomatoes, half a jar of pasta sauce, and voila, and delicious, semi-nutritious lunch for the hubby and I.


Ingredients:


1 C Rotisserie chicken, pulled apart (purchased at Costco for $5 and delicious!)
1/2 bag Rigatoni pasta, (brown rice pasta from Trader Joes is my fav!)
1/2 jar Vodka pasta sauce, (also from Trader Joes)
1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
1 C Grape tomatoes, halved
2 Tbsp Fresh basil, chopped (picked from the garden Grandpa Young planted with my kids)
3 C water
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
Sea salt, to taste

Directions:


  1. Bring water to boil in a medium sauce pan on the stove.
  2. Once water is boiling, add oil, salt, and pasta to the water.
  3. Cover and let cook until pasta is al dente.
  4. Drain pasta, keeping a couple tablespoons of the starchy cooking water.
  5. In sauce pan, combine pasta sauce, grape tomatoes, and starch water. Bring to a simmer.
  6. Add pasta, chicken, red pepper flakes, and fresh basil to the sauce.
  7. Toss on the stove at medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes.
  8. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
  9. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you make food...you have a gift and I KNOW it tasted delicious because I have tasted your food!! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete