Monday, August 13, 2012

Jameson turned two!

Yesterday was a day of celebration. Our vacuum-loving, home run-hitting, tractor-riding, little man turned two on August 12. This is going to sound weird to most parents, I imagine, but Mitch and I have commented several times over the last month that we can't believe he's only two! For multiple reasons:

  1. He had "colic" for a loooong time, so the sweet first year of babyhood was really a near torturous experience of ripping our hair out from the incessant crying, whining, and general fussiness. 
  2. He was born before a lot of transition in our lives: pre-youth ministry interim at FBC Wheaton, pre-Mitch career change, pre-Waynesboro move so it seems like a long time ago.
  3. He.Is.HUGE.!!!. Our 2 year old weighs 34 lbs, wears size 3 and 4T clothes, size 6 diapers... and he has for the better part of 6 months or more. Weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz, when he was 8 days before his due date, plus the fact his daddy tipped the height chart at 6 ft. 6 in. at his tallest height, and our 2 year old looks to most people like a 4 year old.
We are so grateful for our little man. His lively personality brings so much laughter and joy to our family. Jameson has taught us to love in new ways, to grow in patience, and for me personally, to learn all things boy (bugs, trucks, trains, and home runs!). 

Jay is my cuddle bug. His sister has never been very snuggly, even as a little baby, so I have eaten up all the snuggles Jameson has offered. Our nightly routine consists of grabbing his blankie (yes, he has become quite the Linus), crawling on my lap on the rocking chair in his room, cuddling and singing the "B-I-B-L-E", "Jesus Loves Me", followed by our "nigh-night song" that I made up when Elianna was a baby. He then drags his blankie across the room to his bed. I sit next to him and we share kisses and tickles, I pray a blessing over him, then we pray together and he says the list of people and things he is thankful for (daddy, issy (sissy), grandparents, our home, our bed, the couple whose home we live in, etc.). After "Amen" we share final kisses, point at the "exit" of the toddler bed and say "no-no, no-no" to reaffirm staying in his bed. This process of cuddles, snuggles, kisses, prayers and good nights I hope will be etched in my memory for many years to come. 

So Jameson my love-bug, I am proud of the little boy you are becoming, your kindness in always giving your sister her milk or her vitamins when you get yours first, your obedience to listen the first time (often, not always), your love for your family, your ability to make friends with anyone and everyone, and your love for church. May Jesus grab hold of your heart at a young age, that you may come to love Him as your personal Lord and Savior, that you may live all your days as a peacemaker,  that you'd be marked with compassion for others and have a service-centered spirit, not a selfish one. May you be marked by the light of His Word, that you will reflect the glory of God in all you say and do.

I love you my sweet bubby! Happy second birthday!

1 month old
2 months old
8 months old
14 months old 
20 months old
Easter Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment