Wednesday, June 13, 2012

These are a few of my NEW favorite things...

I love trying new things & getting free samples of new products to test out. Here are some of my newest favorite finds:


This yogurt is so wonderful. I've always been a huge yogurt fan, my mom used to make it from scratch when we lived in Indonesia. I then joined the Greek yogurt craze three years ago when I received a free sample coupon in the mail from Fage. I was hooked at first bite. I've had the yogurt paired with honey, or plain on its own, that I've added to smoothies or even curries and scones (another recipe I MUST post, SO GOOD!). But when I moved to PA, our Costco only sold this type of Fage. I nearly didn't try it as I am not, by any means, a "fruit in the bottom" yogurt kind-of-girl. Ick! But knowing my love for Fage, I thought I had to give this a shot. So glad I did. Its perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up and comes in a variety of different yummy flavors. This has become my go-to snack before heading to work because its not super heavy, but is so high in protein that it keeps me full for hours!

 This beauty is not brand new to me, I was given it for Christmas (half by my husband, half by my parents). It is by far, one of the best "thing" gifts I've ever received. I am IN LOVE with my Nestle Nespresso. You may have seen commercials for it during the 7-10 p.m. T.V. line-up. Foxy George Clooney is their spokesman.

Nespresso's are like a Keurig in that they produce a fresh cup o' Joe in a minute, but the flavor is simply not comparable. Nespresso offers 20 some "pod" types with different coffee flavors. Some are from Brazil, others from Kenya and Indonesia. If you ever get a chance to try a cup of coffee from a Nespresso, you will be hooked! Its frothy consistency is bright and smooth going down. Perfect for a rainy morning, or an afternoon book-n-coffee date with yourself. You can buy these at William Sonoma. They price about double what a Keurig retails for, but again, so, so worth it!



 I'm a big fan of "fresh" salt and pepper grinders. So much so, I've had 3 different types in the last year. The first ones I bought were at Target, a non-refillable kind from the spice section, the flavor was good but the grinds came out pretty large and coarse. The second type, I bought at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I got smart this time and bought a nice set of refillable grinders. Problem there, the S & P tasted stale/old, and the grinders were constantly coming lose and needed to be tightened at least once a week. This just got old. So after I ran out of their contents, I spotted these babies at Costco (yes, love that store!). I've only been using these Kirkland brand grinders for a week, but so far, I really like them. Great flavor, finely ground, and the price was right. You can't see from the picture but these bottle are really tall, so you get quite a bit of S & P for not a lot of price. I believe there were about $5.99 for each bottle, maybe a dollar more. But if you've bought these grinders before, you know that's a great price for the size and quality of this product.

One of my favorite things about living in this area of the country, there are fruit & vegetable stands everywhere. We've got to have at least three in our or tiny town. These fresh strawberries were brought to me by a dear friend a few days ago, who was visiting from out of town. She too, must love the small-town feel of southern Pennsylvania! Thank again Mary!

Can't wait to make a cobbler or dessert with these! What's your favorite strawberry recipe?

Yesterday, I came home from work to this freebie from Target. Inside were 8 or so samples of beauty products. Two different shampoo & conditioner combos, a lip glass sample, face scrub, & sunscreen among other things. If you know me, you know I am a sucker from free samples. I sign up for them all the time. This bag also came with a packet of great beauty coupons good at Target. I love the bag too, so cute! My old make-up bag in my purse had glitter powder spilt all over it, so it was time for a fresh change. This teal and brown case did just the trick!


Do you have any fun or yummy recent finds? Whats your newest favorite product or food?

No comments:

Post a Comment