Saturday, April 7, 2012

Child-like Faith

Nothing dramatic or super exciting in this post. No yummy recipes to be found. Just one proud mama bragging on her sweet three year old.



Today, before naps, Elianna asked to read a story. We picked up her toddler Bible and read about Mary & Martha, Zacchaeus, and how Jesus died and lives today!

After reading, she snuggled in as usual and began to pray:

"Dear Lord... Dear God... Thank you for the Bible. I love you Jesus. AMEN!"

Simple. Short. Yet in the heart of my three year old, the things she is hearing at church and at home, from grandparents, friends, teachers and mommy & daddy, I can see they are sinking in. Her little heart is growing and beginning to understand the heart of why we live. Jesus lived, died, and live again. For Elianna, for Jameson, for all of us. We live today in freedom because of what Jesus did some 2,000 years ago during this Easter/Passover season.

Today, my daughter seemed to catch a glimpse of that. Her child-like faith brought this mama to tears. I couldn't be more proud! Mitch & I often pray that some day she and Jay may come to know Jesus as her personal Lord and Savior. Until then, we continue to pray and ask the Lord for protection over our sweet babes.

Okay, bragging session done.

Happy Easter dear friends, Jesus has risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment