Saturday, May 12, 2012

Why I sell Shaklee!

Why I like selling it:

1) I LOVE the products. My kids take the daily kids chewable vitamins (no corn syrup and additives that so many drug store vitamins have) and the Omega-3 Fish oil vitamins that taste like oranges. They both love them, begging me for them every morning! They work! Our overall health is better, and our home is "greener" now that we use only toxin-free cleaning products for the kitchen, bath tub, hand soap, and laundry. Mitch and I are both losing weight on their weight-loss health program.

2) Why not make money on something I believe in! A lot of my friends are selling 31 Bags, Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc. All of those are fine, but how much Tupperware or makeup do you really need? The great thing about Shaklee is its things that really do make people's lives better, healthier, and its things they will continue to need (assuming they like the products). Vitamins for example, people buy every month, not just a one time deal.


3) The company is reputable. Shaklee was founded in 1956. They have spent YEARS developing the best nutrition on the market, and they make sure their products are tested and retested to insure the highest quality and that it really works for your body. They also listen to their clients. For example, they sell great protein bars. But they got a lot of feedback that their cranberry vanilla flavor didn't taste good, so instead of pushing it anyway, they pulled it totally and came out with a blueberry flavor which is much tastier.


4) Its something I can do from home. To start my business, I sent a letter and a brochure/catalogue to all my family and friends (the typical Christmas card list of people). Just telling them about my new endeavour. I now have about 8 or 10 people signed up, and this month I made $100. Not a ton of money, but I just started a few months ago. A friend of mine sells and makes $600-800 a month, and they only spends about 10-12 hours a week working on their business, and they have only been really working at their business for less then 2 years. So real money is possible! Its not a scam!


5) I can easily talk about it. Facebook posts are amazing. You are probably the 10th or 12th person to inquire about it on FB. Not all have pursued it, but at least by striking an interest, and putting a bug in their ear, maybe 6 months or a year from now, they'll give it another thought. 



Its super easy to bring up in conversation. At the park, a mom asks me what I do, I say, I stay at home with my kids and sell toxin-free cleaning products ands supplements for kids and adults. Most of the time, people are like, oh really? And ask more about it!


Its amazing how simple it is, without hounding people. Just by me using it, people ask me about it.
Admittedly, the products are not all cheap, the vitamins for kids are about $35 a month for each of my kids, but I look at it as, if my kids stay healthy and don't have to be at the doctor once a month for runny noses and ear infections, its worth it. There are literally dozens and dozens of testimonials about the effectiveness of these products in kids, in things like lessening ADD in little boys! Crazy results!
Anyway, that's a ton of info. I won't be home tonight, but seriously, if you're interested at all, CALL me! I'd be glad to answer any questions you have.
I'm not pushy about it, but I am honest. Its been a great blessing to my family!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about selling Shaklee- this blog entry was helpful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete