So Elianna, Jameson and I were at the doctors office on Monday morning for Jameson's 4 month well-baby appointment. The kid is huge! He measured in at 18 lb, 2 oz. and 26 1/2 in. That puts him in the 95% for weight and 93% for height. I think he takes after his daddy... just a shot in the dark on that one.
As we were waiting, Elianna was reading the book, "Seasons Around the Year." She was pointing out the word around, pointed at the "O" in arOund and said, "O!" Her mother was of course surprised as we have not really "worked" on our alphabet other then singing the ABCs and such. Thinking this "O" was a fluke, I said good job baby but didn't get my hopes of her brilliance up to high.
She proceeded to point to the next letter in aroUnd and without hesitation exclaimed, "U!" Now I was shocked, I was beyond shocked I was so impressed! We tried the other letters on the page to see if she knew their names, to no avail. But still, both the O and the U in one day? She is learning leaps and bounds. Dr. Mary came in about 3 minutes later. As the proud mother that I am, I had her demonstrate her two letters to Dr. Mary who of course told me what a smart girl I have. Way to go Elianna, way to go!
This comment is a bit delayed... but can I just point out that your daughter may have named the initials of her future alma mater... just like her Aunt Gab!!!
ReplyDelete