I went into the kitchen and shortly there after heard a crash in Elianna's direction. I looked to find the yogurt and granola on the floor and Elianna with a very nervous look.
"Mess!" she said as she looked staring down at the disaster on the floor.
"Time out!" mommy replied.
I swiftly cleaned her face and hands, took her out of her highchair, where she promptly sent herself to timeout and sat down in her usual spot. Tears ensued for the next 2-3 minutes before I made my way back to her (after making a pot of coffee for myself, it seems it's going to be one of those days). I knelt down beside her tear stained cheeks and the conversation went as such:
Mommy: Elianna, what do we need to say?
Elianna: Sorry!
Mommy: Yes, we say we are sorry when we do something wrong.
Elianna: Uh oh!
Mommy: Yes, we did have an uh oh didn't we.
Elianna: Mess?
Mommy: Yes, we did make a mess. Next time we need to eat our breakfast and not throw it on the floor.
Elianna then kissed me and said I love you. Hearing those words from her lips makes mornings like this worth it all.
Merry December 2nd from this mama of 2!
Oh that's such a sweet story! You sound like an awesome mom instilling these values of discipline on your kids. Way to go!
ReplyDelete