This weekend I went to wear my favorite new sweater (off-white color). Upon putting it on, I noticed two large, but faint pink spots on my treasured sweater. A red sock or something must have gotten into the wash. It wasn't a spill stain, but rather a fault of how I did the laundry. We've all had those stains... they don't.come.out.!!!. That is... until now! I was determined to not simply throw out my sweater. So I went downstairs to my kitchen cleaning cabinet, grabbed my organic Shaklee Basic H and poured about a teaspoon of it onto the two spots of pink. I then grabbed a clean scrub brush and some water and scrubbed the organic Basic H into the sweater. Up to the washing machine I went, threw it in on a short cold cycle and vuala, my sweater was restored to its original off-white color! I was thrilled!!!

Similarly, I gave Jameson a bowl full of raspberries one lunch a few months back. My dear friend Dar asked if she should put a bib on him and I flippantly say, "eh, don't worry about it." Ten minutes later, I had regretted my flippancy. His once clean shirt was covered in the vivid raspberry red color. It was everywhere! Basic H to the rescue! I stripped my ginger-boy, scrubbed some organic Basic H onto his shirt and again, the stain was TOTALLY gone after a wash in the washing machine. Unbelievable!

Another favorite product of mine is called Scour Off. It is a thick paste which is recommended for hard-to-clean surfaces. My stove top is my favorite place to use this product. It smells great, and works like a charm. My stove always looks bright and shiny after using Scour Off to remove any grime and left-over food. It's also toxin-free, like all Shaklee products so I know its safe to use around my kiddos.

Finally, while pregnant with Elianna, I chose to fore go the doctor recommended prenatal vitamins, and in turn, took Shaklee's Vitalizer pack of vitamins. I took the vitamins into the OBGYN office to have my doc approve their nutritional value and he said, "whoa, yeah, these vitamins are great and will be perfect for your pregnancy." I was on the vitamins for about 6 months before conceiving and throughout the pregnancy. Sure enough, I had a fabulous pregnancy, never any problems/hiccups. Elianna came out perfect, of course, healthy weight and size, great vitals. The vitamins are pricey, but, for a healthy body for me and a healthy baby girl, well, no price can be put on that.
I continue to use Vitalizer daily for my own nutritional health. 9 out of 10 Americans do not receive the proper nutrition from the food they eat daily. We are a country too focused on simple carbs and not enough on fresh fruits and veggies; myself included on this. If you know me even a little, you know my love of donuts is near an obsession. I already have scoped out the donut shop near Waynesboro, where we are moving. : )
Let me leave you with a price comparison of Basic H and regular Vinegar and water as a non-toxic cleaning product in your home. My friend and Shaklee partner, Harper, did this price comparison and it blew my mind. I just had to share it with you:

One of my friends asked me about using white distilled vinegar to clean her house versus Shaklee Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate. I did the math (see below), and I was surprised to find that the cheapest vinegar one can buy costs at least 3 times as much as Shaklee Basic H2 for all-purpose cleaning. The savings are even greater when using as a windows/mirrors cleaner. Also, vinegar may not be the best for some jobs as its acidity could eat away some finishes over time, especially wood.
As far as price goes, since you dilute Basic H2 depending on the job, it's really inexpensive. A 16oz bottle of Basic H2 costs members around $12 including 7% tax and shipping (when bundled with other products to save on shipping). For example:
As far as price goes, since you dilute Basic H2 depending on the job, it's really inexpensive. A 16oz bottle of Basic H2 costs members around $12 including 7% tax and shipping (when bundled with other products to save on shipping). For example:
1) The windows/mirrors solution only uses 1-2 drops of H2 diluted in 16oz water, that costs less than a penny!
2) The all-purpose solution only uses 1/4 tsp (25 drops) of H2 diluted in 16oz water, that only costs 3 cents! *** A gallon of it would use 2 tsp in 128oz water, that only costs 25 cents per gallon.
3) The degreaser solution only uses 1.5 tsp of H2 diluted in 16oz water, that only costs 20 cents!
For all-purpose cleaning with vinegar, as well as for cleaning glass, one would use 1 part vinegar to 1 part water, so 1 gallon of cleaning solution would use 64oz vinegar plus 64oz water. Each gallon-size jug of white vinegar ranges in cost from $1.65-$5 depending on brand. It would cost $0.80-$2.50 per gallon of diluted vinegar all-purpose cleaning solution (at 1:1 ratio), or 3-10 times the cost of making Shaklee Basic H2 all-purpose solution, which only costs 25 cents per gallon. For cleaning mirrors and glass the vinegar costs 80 times more than Basic H2 windows solution! One would need 24 1-gallon jugs of White Distilled Vinegar (~$40-$120) to equal the cleaning power of just one 16oz bottle of concentrated Basic H2 (~$12)!!! Which would you rather buy and carry home?
I found this interesting info: "Vinegar and Water: This system has been used for years and some still stand by its use. However vinegar can be acidic for floor/furniture/cabinets finishes. Initially, you may not notice the effects, but used consistently over the years it will affect the shine of your floors and other surfaces. Additionally, using too much water in the actual application always results in problems or ruined wood floors." Shaklee's Basic H2 is a degreaser and will cut through grease easily, even the grimiest grill.
Conclusion, Shaklee Basic-H2 is cheaper to use than vinegar AND safer to use, as it's not going to ruin your surface finishes over time like vinegar could. And Basic H2 is unscented, which is a big plus for me. It's a joy to clean my house with Shaklee!
Some useful measurement conversions:
1 bottle of full-strength Basic H2 = 2 cups = 16 oz = 32 tablespoons = 96 teaspoons.
1 cup = 8 oz = 16 tablespoons = 48 teaspoons.
1 gallon = 128 ounces
1 ounce = 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons.
1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons.
1 teaspoon = ~100 drops.
1 bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex®*
1 bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 48 gallons of any all-purpose solution.
*******
Conclusion, Shaklee Basic-H2 is cheaper to use than vinegar AND safer to use, as it's not going to ruin your surface finishes over time like vinegar could. And Basic H2 is unscented, which is a big plus for me. It's a joy to clean my house with Shaklee!
Some useful measurement conversions:
1 bottle of full-strength Basic H2 = 2 cups = 16 oz = 32 tablespoons = 96 teaspoons.
1 cup = 8 oz = 16 tablespoons = 48 teaspoons.
1 gallon = 128 ounces
1 ounce = 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons.
1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons.
1 teaspoon = ~100 drops.
1 bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 5,824 bottles of 26 oz. Windex®*
1 bottle of Basic H2 equals the cleaning uses of 48 gallons of any all-purpose solution.
*******
All this to say, I love Shaklee and what they stand for. Their products have made a difference in my home. I have lots of friends that sell make-up, bags, fun foods, jewelery and other products... The reason I choose to sell Shaklee is it literally makes a difference in someones life. It helps keep toxins out of our homes, makes our bodies function more as God created them to run. It keeps my kids and my husband and I healthy. It's my hope and belief that we will live longer, healthier lives by making this investment into supplements that have been tested and proven to work.
Here is my website if you're ever interested in any of the products I've mentioned or others. Or, perhaps, you're looking for a way to start a small business from your home. Here's a place to start. There are little to no start up fees and never a minimum amount you have to sell per month. You sell what you want, when you want, just telling people how the products are helping you live a healthier, fuller life.
Blessings!

Kristen:
ReplyDeleteAbout the vitamins. I know I need more calcium in my diet, but whenever I've tried calcium supplements in the past they left me, ahem, "not able to move". I have enough trouble with that from my cerebral palsy, so I'm just wondering if your vitamins will have that side effect. I'm willing to pay a lot for a vitamin that gives me the calcium I need without all the nastiness. Also, how much calcium is in each dose?
--Jill Vande Zande
Jill, I responded to you on Facebook! I hope it helps.
ReplyDelete