Mitch and I made burgers on the grille last night at 9 p.m. after a long day at church. It was so great to just put the kids to bed, prepare dinner, and veg on the couch enjoying our burgers and good conversation... so we ate at 9 p.m., someone call the "healthy-eating police!" : )
Since we only used 2 of the 8 burger buns in the package, I was trying to decide how I wanted to prepare my salmon tonight when the buns came to mind. I've never made salmon burgers but thanks to the trusty internet, I got a few ideas on how to make them and grille them. This is the recipe I made-up with the different suggestions I read:
Ingredients:
12 oz piece salmon
2 cloves garlic
2 stems of green onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
3 Tbsp cream cheese
1/2 C sour cream
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
S&P to taste
Directions:
- Place salmon, minced garlic, green onions, olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, seasoning salt, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds in food processor and blend until chunky, not smooth.
- Form into burger patties.
- Pre-heat grille and then spray the grille with olive oil before placing the burgers onto the grille.
- Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes so the patty is cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, blend softened cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and S&P together.
- Toast burger bun, then spread the cream cheese/sour cream spread onto each side of the bun. Slice tomatoes and lettuce and place on bun.
- Remove salmon patties from the grille and add to the bun.
- Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment